Friday 29 March 2013

Choc Chip Shortbread

I've never been a big biscuit eater or baker but since I've been making them at work, I'm getting into it! I use this recipe for my basic shortbread...

To make 16 I use...600g - SR Flour, 400g - Softened Butter, 200g - Caster Sugar 
I then make up a flavour (because who wants to eat plain boring shortbread?). These are choc chip with more choc drizzled over the top. You start by rubbing together the butter and the flour. I've discovered it is imperative that your butter is super super soft - verging on melted, else it's really hard work to a) rub it in and b) bring the dough together. 
Mix in the sugar and whatever else you fancy. At work I've thrown in lemon zest, almonds, cherries, cranberries etc. Then take a few handfuls of the mix and squish it into and ball, kneading it until it comes together. Flatten until it's about 1cm thick and cut out circles.
Pop in the oven (160 degrees) for anywhere between 35-50mins. 
I find it hard to tell when they're done as biscuits firm up as they are cooling. I usually wait until they're slightly darker in colour and when pressed are firm but not hard. 
I melted some milk choc and using a spoon drizzled it over the biscuits. Yum! 

Here are some other flavours I've made at work....
 Almond and Lemon
 Cranberry dipped in white chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment