Tuesday 9 July 2013

Chocolate Orange Cake

It was a friend's birthday last month, it was that really sunny weekend in June, so he had a BBQ. I offered to make any cake of his choice (because what's a party without a cake?). I thought he'd just say 'coffee' or 'chocolate', but I got a list of 4 possibilities with links to the recipes ha ha - love it. 




After umming and ahhing, as you can see, I chose Chocolate Orange cake (and a Victoria Sponge - I went for 2!). I knew I could make these nice and big and feed a large group of people.
 I've never made chocolate curls before, they were very easy, so I'll definitely be using them again. You just melt chocolate and spread it out onto a marble block (which we happen to have) leave it to set and then scrape with a knife. Boom! 
Yummy cake! Can't beat choc and orange. And the BBQ was fun too...
(I stole this photo from his facebook page so umm copyright David Irwin?)

2 comments:

  1. Somehow I knew reading your intro it had to be David! I missed that gorgeous one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I'll make it for the next come dine with me :-)

    ReplyDelete