Saturday 26 January 2013

Paprika & Cheese Scones

Cheese scones are one of my all time favourite goodies that Mum used to (and still does) make. I haven't had them for yeeeears so it was about time to bake some. 
I used the BBC Good Food cheese scone recipe which is: (I actually doubled it as I wanted big scones)

225g SR flour, pinch salt, 55g butter, 25g grated cheddar, 150ml milk

I topped them with paprika and parmesan. I came across this idea when hunting the internet for different types of savoury scones and thought it would work with the cheese.

So once you've cut out the scones, instead of brushing the tops with egg I made a mixture of 2tbsp melted butter & 2tsp of paprika slopped it on and sprinkled with parmesan.

They went in the oven on 220 degrees C for about 15ish mins.
Bingo!

No comments:

Post a Comment