Saturday 15 December 2012

Pistachio & Milk Chocolate Cake

I've had my eye on this recipe for a while now. I really love the colour of Pistachios and the idea of the sponge being made from them sounded kinda cool. So here's how it turned out...


First you have to crush lots of pistachios and milk chocolate in the food processor - weird ay?


Then you beat them together with all the cakey batter bits


 Then you cook it in the oven and it comes out a lovely greeny/brown speckled sponge like this...


It really does taste like pistachios, it's a strange but really nice taste and it's really moist. The icing is made from melted chocolate and soured cream, it's really sweet but balences out the fairly savoury sponge. 


It's not my new favourite cake ever but I'm glad I tried it!  You can find the recipe here http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1161643/pistachio-and-milk-chocolate-squares

No comments:

Post a Comment