Sunday 28 October 2012

Challenge #8 Bakewell Tart

 My mac has died and so my blog updates are a little behind :-(. I'm having to use my phone camera instead of my SLR because it's easier to upload onto my borrowed PC. Anyway! This week I made bakewell tart mmm. We had dinner at the in laws and I was in charge of puds.  I've just started a new job - as a baker in a lovely coffee & cake shop in Chester and the lady who I bake with made bakewell tarts this week and they looked so good that it was an obvious choice for this occasion.  So step one was make pastry...


I used my friend Jen's kitchen, she had invited some of us round for a girlie film - so I baked whilst Bridget Jones was on in the background. Good times. Next step spread raspberry jam onto the pastry base...


Step three...make almond sponge...


Step four spread batter onto jam and pastry base and sprinkle flaked almonds on top. Then bung in the oven...


180 degrees for 25mins. Jen's oven has a light that actually works - what a novelty.


Ta daaaa


No comments:

Post a Comment