Wednesday 20 February 2013

Challenge #9 Coffee & Walnut Tray Bake

It's been a while since I've done a recipe out of the Mary Berry Baking Bible (http://danngoodcake.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/the-mary-berry-baking-challenge-1-lemon.html)  but here's a tray bake I made the other day. I loooove coffee cake, even though I hate coffee as a drink.


It's a great 'throw it all in the mixer' recipe and comes out lovely and moist. Yum.
The icing is also very tasty and easy to make - it has a lot of icing sugar compared to butter (more than usual) so be prepared for an icing sugar explosion from the mixer!.
Mary Berry tops hers with walnut halves but I had run out. Luckily I happened to have some chocolate sauce left over from pancake day so used that instead. 

My parents came to stay the following weekend and coffee cake was requested so I used the same recipe but made them into cupcakes.


2 comments: