Saturday 22 September 2012

Fire Engine Cake

Two years in a row have my little friends wanted a Fireman Sam cake for their birthday. Last year I did a normal round cake and made a flat fire engine on top (I would show a photo but my hard drive died and I lost it boo). But this year I felt a bit more adventurous so went 3D!


I made an 8" square chocolate cake and chopped it up into a rectangle with an extra square of sponge to make the raised top front. Then I smothered it in the red fondant then stuck on fondant fire engine parts.


I haven't done a lot of models before so I was quite pleased with my fire fighter! He'd just put out a fire so he's having a rest.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome looking cake! When you say your hard drive died, do you mean the actual disk, or the computer in general? If it's the latter, your data is probably fine and could be copied off. If you still have it, I could have a look.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete