Tuesday 7 August 2012

Lemon Drizzle Tray Bake


One of my favourite recipe books is Mary Berry's Baking Bible. It is my favourite because I know that whatever recipe I choose - it'll be awesome.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mary-Berrys-Baking-Bible-Berry/dp/1846077850



I had some lemons that needed using up so I looked up 'lemons' in the (baking) Bible and out popped a lemon drizzle tray bake recipe. Which is basically a lemon drizzle cake that isn't baked in a loaf tin and therefore doesn't take donkey years to cook.


And as usual, it turned out great (because of her recipes - not blowing my own trumpet!).  It has a really yummy crunchy topping. Here's the recipe....I recommend it.


225g softened butter
225g caster sugar
275g self raising flour
2 level teaspoons baking powder
4 large eggs
4 tablespoons milk
Finley grated rind of 2 lemons
Crunchy topping
175g granulated sugar
Juice of 2 lemons
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160ÂșC2. Place all the ingredients into a bowl and beat until well mixed3. Bake for 35-40 minutes (or until the cake starts to come away from the sides and is springy)4. Let it cool a little but whilst it's still warm mix the crunchy topping sugar and lemon juice together and pour over the cake.5. Leave to cool completely and then consume




No comments:

Post a Comment