Thursday 7 June 2012

Malted Milk Cupcakes

I love all things malt flavoured! I love malteasers and I love ovaltine and horlicks. Actually I think that covers all malt products? Either way I like it! and I like cake so I googled 'malt cupcakes' and bingo! Here's the recipe I found.


1/2 cup butter at room temperature 2 eggs 125 ml milk 2 tsp vanilla essence 180g  flour 150g sugar 200g malteasers halved 60g  malted milk powder 2 tbsp baking powder 1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 180°C

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, malted milk powder and malteasters. In another bowl, combine butter, eggs, milk and vanilla.

Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix gently. Pour the batter among muffin cups.

Bake approximately 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool on rack 10 minutes before removing from pan.

Fluffy Malted Milk Frosting

160g butter, room temperature
225g icing sugar
2 tbsp malted milk powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

With a electric mix, beat butter at medium speed about 2 minutes. Reduce speed and add the icing sugar 60g at a time. Beating well after each addition. Add malted milk powder and vanilla, beat well.


YUMMO!



No comments:

Post a Comment